Thursday, June 05, 2008

Mystery Flower


12" by 12" original acrylic painting on stretched canvas, with 3/4 inch edge unframed.

Friends were about to come over to eat so I dashed out to the yard for flowers to put on the table. I was so surprised to find this exotic flower in the back, don't even know what kind it is. We've been here 3 years now and it had never bloomed before. It may be an amarylis planted before we moved in, though I didn't know they could survive winter. Anyway I loved the structure and color of it so decided to try my hand painting it. SOLD

4 comments:

Austin Maloney said...

Nice paintings. I am a fellow Daily Painter. and I was wondering if you'd be interested in exchanging links?

My email is amaloneyart@gmail.com

Lael Meidal said...

Polly, I am one of your husband's students and I have been enjoying your Etsy site for a while. I love the simple objects you use to bring forth such rich texture and color. I also really like the collage element I've seen you incorporate. So, I found this link from Etsy, and thought, since I spent some time on here, that I should at least say hi. I look forward to coming back!

Polly Jones said...

Austin--thanks for the link exchange I am so pleased to be connected to your lovely painting blog!

Polly Jones said...

Lael-- Thank you!! I checked your blog out too. Your photos of food and writing are wonderful. Hope you are having fantastic travels. I'll keep checking on you to vicariously enjoy them. Kenny says hi too.