Saturday, September 19, 2009

"Surviving" collaboration at The Center for Contemporary Arts


Thought I would post a photo from the opening last night. It was a wonderful night with several shows opening at the Center for Contemporary Arts in Abilene . This is the collaboration piece that Kerry DiGioia and I did as part of the challenge at CCA of matching up a board member and an artist to create something together. I thoroughly enjoyed the whole process and getting to know Kerry. We brought together images of a cancer cell, tulips, collage elements of her daughter's paintings, collage elements of crowns, flowers, and insects. We were amazed when color choices and patterns I had begun on canvas synchronized with the paintings Kerry brought of her daughters on our first meeting.

2 comments:

annechovie said...

Nice work, Polly. Thanks for your visit and comment!

Polly Jones said...

Thanks Anne, and I'm glad to have discovered your blog.