Friday, November 13, 2009

Art Walk last night and a new small still life


I did it again, brought my camera and totally forgot to use it. My husband Kenny and I had some work in The Big Country Art Association show that opened last night at The Cockrell in Abilene. In fact we each got an honorable mention which is great for keeping the family peace. I'll post photos later perhaps. In the mean time you can check out Kenny's portfolio here. "Blackflow" is the one he had in the exhibit.

Above is a 6" painting I have been struggling with the last couple of days. So much for my rhapsodizing about the lovely experience of doing the small, straightforward paintings. I did have fun with it during the last 10 minutes when I totally revamped the color scheme.  SOLD

2 comments:

Rinkly Rimes said...

Your partner's work is great; I just took a quick look. But your paintings make me feel poetic! Would you object if I wrote a poem about one of your paintings sometime? I'd acknowledge you, of course.

Polly Jones said...

Wow, I would love for you to do a poem! What an honor! I am in awe of people who work with words. It's embarrassing how long it takes me to come up with a sentence even if it's just for a blog post.