Monday, June 07, 2010

Two Zinnia Paintings


A while back I had the best special request ever for a painting of an orange zinnia in a small star design glass... subject matter that had special meaning for this dear requester. I've been waiting for my zinnias to grow, and a few of them have, but not bloomed yet. I'm not even sure what color they will be when they bloom. Well, a couple of days ago I found the perfect little orange zinnia plant in the garden center. The first one was such fun that I've done a second one so she'll have more choices. You can see in the top painting, done second, that I loosened up a bit and have more paint going on.

8" square acrylic on gallery wrapped canvas. SOLD

4 comments:

kath001 said...

Jelly glasses! Or are those the ones that cheese spreads came in. Love them! Gorgeous as always. :)

LindaHunt said...

Love them both but partial to the top one!!

Polly Jones said...

Thanks Linda. I think I was inspired by your loose brushwork. I really enjoy the fluidity that you get.

Polly Jones said...

Kath, I remember these as the cheese spread containers. I think my grandmother (we never had such delicacies at home) buying a sort of cream cheese with chopped olives in them. I'm also having a vague memory of shrimp cocktail in them. Thank you for the painting comment!