Saturday, July 03, 2010

Teacup Party original contemporary still life painting

5" by 7" acrylic on gallery wrapped canvas SOLD

I had fully intended to paint a soap dispenser that I have by my sink. I'd made a resolution to paint only things that looked contemporary for a while. Well, after moving that soap dispenser around forever, trying to get a good set up, I noticed my little teacup with this pink umbrella sitting in it over on the still life prop shelf and changed course. Believe it or not this dainty painting was done with Led Zeppelin blasting away. Kenny was in charge of the playlist while we both painted. We've each been having an art crisis but are recovering.

2 comments:

HMCraig said...

It's good to see that you're fully recovering and triumphing over the art crisis! They're like the flu, aren't they?

It's always interesting to find out what other artists listen to when they paint. I've listened to Bollywood music to A Perfect Circle to Melody Gardot.

Polly Jones said...

Yes it is a bit like the flu! I love thinking about you painting to Bollywood music. I should give it a try because it sure seems to work well for you---love your paintings.