Saturday, March 02, 2013

Daffodils, Faltering Light original mixed media painting


Daffodils, Faltering Light by Polly Jones
12" by 12" acrylic and mixed media on cradled wood panel.  I've been working on larger paintings for the upcoming (looming in my head) art show.  It was great to do a quick piece for a change of pace.

I'm not a terribly brave person.  I've never been sky diving or physically adventurous in that way.  Sometimes, however, something happens while painting that, for me, requires a lot of courage.  I get a huge thrill when I feel like I'm in over my head trying to capture an image or attempt something that's out of my skills range.  It doesn't always end well but it's exciting to try.  I've been having ups and downs lately, looming art show etc.  Originally, I planned to show process shots of the work for the show but have been too busy some times and feeling too vulnerable at other times.  Thanks for looking at my work and please stay tuned.

Sold.

No comments: